I woke up this morning with the sensation that I was leaking fluids. So to be better safe than sorry, I packed a hospital bag SO VERY quickly (shoving things in), packed Sean's over night bag, and my mom took me to the hospital, with Sean. I told Jamie to stay at work, and we'd call him if there was anything.
They put me in high risk since I'm only 33 weeks (4 weeks off of being full term), and spent the entire day doing tests. The end results, I've got high blood pressure, and low amniotic fluids, and the rest I won't go into graphic details on the blog. I was sent home (after having them change their minds like 5 times about admitting me). I am going back tomorrow for another UltraSound to check my amniotic fluids again, and I'll be calling my doctor first thing in the morning, hopefully seeing him as well. I have to discuss with him what having a low amniotic fluids means for me during this pregnancy (it has different meaning/reasoning for different people in their own situation). So, I'll know more tomorrow. And the fluids I was leaking is nothing to be concerned about, it's probably just Mack pressing against me and releasing bodily fluids. (FUN).
Though, I did learn that Mackenzie is head down (though posterior like his brother was at birth) and his heart rate was really strong, so there was no worries in that department. I got to see him on the Ultrasound machine, and feel better knowing that he's not breech (I made sure to ask).
It was a long day. Sean was a REALLY good boy at the hospital with my mom and grandmother who joined us to help out. At one point I had to walk around for 1 hour and Sean joined me walking up and down the hallway. He flirted with all the nurses and made everyone smile. That's my son! The real charmer!
A friend of mine was actually there in labor today. She went to her check up this morning (39 weeks) and the doctor sent her directly to the hospital. I ran into her husband in the hallway while I had to walk up and down for an hour.
- I did bring knitting to the hospital but I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't knit a stitch.
- The fence guy called me this morning before I left to say he was coming after lunch, but when I got home today, no one had shown up today and no work was done. It was just drizzling today off and on, so I don't understand why he didn't show up.
- I missed recycling today because I was at the hospital all day, and boy is it piled up. I hate it when the recycling is piled up.
- The good news about being sent home, besides not having a preemie baby, is that now I can properly pack my hospital bag. (I'm hoping to not need it tomorrow when I go back). I kinda shoved things into the bag this morning in a panic.
- I canceled my cleaning lady for tomorrow, since I'm not sure what time I'm expected to go back to the hospital for the UltraSound, I need to call first thing in the morning to that department (they're expecting my call), and, I didn't know if I'd be home to let her in the house in the morning or be home when she leaves). Oh well, I'll get Jamie to swiffer the floors, the house is not that bad of a mess.
I'm home now, and I'm going to go crawl into bed with Sean and hopefully the two of us will fall asleep. (He only got a 20 minute nap on the way home from the hospital). I'm still in a bit of pain, (pressure) and I think the bed is calling my name.
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- may thirty-one
- may thirty :: 74 weeks
- may twenty-nine
- May twenty-eight :: 17 months old
- may twenty-seven
- may twenty-six :: 34 weeks pregnant
- may twenty-five
- may twenty-four
- may twenty-three :: 73 weeks
- may twenty-two
- may twenty-one
- may twenty
- may nineteen :: 33 weeks pregnant
- may eighteen
- may seventeen
- may sixteen :: 72 weeks
- may fifteen
- may fourteen
- may thirteen
- may twelve :: 32 weeks pregnant
- may eleven :: happy mother's day
- may ten
- may nine :: 71 weeks
- may eight
- may seven
- may six
- may five :: 31 weeks pregnant
- may four
- may three
- may two :: 70 weeks
- may one
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)