Day Twenty. Now the countdown begins, 11 days to go.
Today is Sweater Day in honor of what would have been Mr. Rogers 80th birthday. I better get knitting on my first sweater ever for myself... still have it on the needles.
In honor of Purim (which is tonight), I decided to finally pull out the costume that I borrowed from my wedding photographer Wendy and take pictures of Sean. I was hoping that it would still fit him (just barely - it's 6-12 month size, but I managed to get him into it), and had fun snapping away. I hate flash, so I used daylight only, and it was fun to do a photo shoot during a power failure! We lost power for a bit this morning, and what a great way to pass some time!
Oh, I just love this kid. He makes me smile every day, and he's just too darn cute. Look at that face!
I asked him to show me where his head was..... he's a smart cookie. He can even tell you where my nose and mouth are...!
Oh, I love Tom Arma costumes. Tom Arma is the one who made Sean's Halloween costume. I love some of the others, we'll see what Sean will be for Halloween this year. I already have Mackenzie's Halloween costume (actually I have 3 costumes that Mackenzie will most definitely fit into at Halloween. He'll be approximately 3-4 months old around Halloween depending on when he's born), and they're 3 month size costumes that I got on liquidation. Oh, I can't wait to dress him up and he's not even born yet.
Here's what I found out about the Baby Surprise Jacket:
On Ravelry I found: Girls’ - holes are on the right and Boy’s - holes are on the left.
In general I found: For a woman's or girl's sweater, make buttonholes on right front and sew buttons to left front. For a man's or boy's sweater, make buttonholes on left front and sew buttons to right front.
But now, here is my question, is that when the sweater is facing you, or as if you are wearing it?
The copy of the pattern that I have for the Baby Surprise Jacket doesn't have button information. I'm sure if I had the Elizabeth Zimmerman book it's in - there would be information in there - but I only have the pattern (from Webs).
The reason for the buttonholes is on both sides is because back before Ultrasounds, you didn't know until after the baby was born the sex, so it would give you an option to put the buttons on quickly after the baby was born. And you sew the buttons on the side that you need to - closing up the holes. Genius really.
Today I stayed in all day, not leaving the house. This afternoon Sean took a nap on my bed, and after I did a few things, I joined him. Woke up with a headache.... oddly.
I frogged the beginning of the project that I started yesterday. I wasn't doing the edging correctly (I should have kept reading the instructions before starting!). So I re-started it, and it's looking four hundred times better now. I've even gotten further than where it was before, and I like how it's turning out. I can't wait to see it actually start turning into something! Oh, if you want to know what it is, it's Judy's Grandma's Baby Sweater from the Knit Cafe Book, which I borrowed until I can get my own copy once my Slow Month is done.
For dinner tonight I defrosted my meat sauce and threw some pasta on the stove. I absolutely LOVE my home made meat sauce. Store bought just doesn't compare anymore. Bland, non-tasty... I could eat it over and over again, every day, if I could. I'm so happy that I still have some in the freezer - but I'm sure my stash is growing thin, and I'll have to make another batch soon. MMmm, leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Tomorrow morning we finally get to go to Sean's new music class at this new place, we missed last week because Sean was sick. I am very excited to see what new faces we'll meet. I do know one mommy in the class, she's coming with both her sons, (her older son is in Sean's Monday class, actually next week the new session starts and it's on Tuesdays). But maybe we'll know someone else, or maybe we'll meet new people - I can't wait! After class we'll spend then day with Jamie since he has off for Easter.
Tonight I sat on the couch with Jamie and we watched some TV. Sean's been going to bed consistently at 9 pm lately, and sleeping through the night! We don't mind that Sean goes to bed at 9pm, because it gives Jamie time to spend with Sean after getting home from work, and then it still gives Jamie & I time alone to hang out after Sean goes to bed before we hit the sack for the night.
Day Twenty. Still hanging on in there. Very excited for it to be over though, let me tell you.
Don't forget that my contest entries must be in by tomorrow evening, March 21st, 2008. (As long as they're in by the time I wake up Saturday, the day of my 1000th post!) So if you've found 10 items in your house that you've bought but never used, you qualify! Just photograph them, make your list and then let me know that you've blogged it! Also on Saturday, I'll announce if I've hit the 3616th comment, so keep commenting to see if you've won. Details on my 1000th post on Saturday. Cheers!
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- march thirty-one :: 31 days :: the last day :: 26 ...
- march thirty :: 31 days :: day thirty
- march twenty-nine :: 31 days :: day twenty-nine
- march twenty-eight :: 31 days :: day twenty-eight ...
- march twenty-seven :: 31 days :: day twenty-seven
- march twenty-six :: 31 days :: day twenty-six
- march twenty-five :: 31 days :: day twenty-five
- march twenty-four :: 31 days :: day twenty-four ::...
- march twenty-three :: 31 days :: day twenty-three
- march twenty-two :: 31 days :: day twenty-two :: 1...
- march twenty-one :: 31 days :: day twenty-one :: 6...
- march twenty :: 31 days :: day twenty
- march nineteen :: 31 days :: day nineteen
- march eighteen :: 31 days :: day eighteen
- march seventeen :: 31 days :: day seventeen :: 24 ...
- march sixteen :: 31 days :: day sixteen
- march fifteen :: 31 days :: day fifteen
- march fourteen :: 31 days :: day fourteen :: 63 we...
- march thirteen :: 31 days :: day thirteen
- march twelve :: 31 days :: day twelve
- march eleven :: 31 days :: day eleven
- march ten :: 31 days :: day ten :: 23 weeks pregna...
- march nine :: 31 days :: day nine
- march eight :: 31 days :: day eight
- march seven :: 31 days :: day seven :: 62 weeks
- march six :: 31 days :: day six
- march five :: 31 days :: day five
- march four :: 31 days :: day four
- march three :: 31 days :: day three :: 22 weeks pr...
- march two :: 31 days :: day two
- march one :: 31 days :: day one
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)